There is no 2017-01 service update as the 2016-12 updates were not applied until January as issues were found and had to be resolved first.
Notifications should have been sent to Oracle Cloud customers of the upcoming monthly update to their environments. Here is a link to all of the updates:
Below are key items of note we are looking forward to or think users should be aware:
- Attribute dimensions can be selected for valid intersection definitions
- Approval notifications can now be sent showing approval units as aliases
- Planning formula expressions can now be used in Calculation Manager (script or graphical)
- "Launch Last Value" option available for run time parameters in Planning rules
- The threshold limit of Year dimension has been increased to help customers extend applications
- Note: If subscriptions were activated before July 31, 2016, the standard interface (EPBCS Workspace) will be discontinued starting Dec 2017. Starting with the Dec 2017 update, all functionality will be with the Simplified Interface only.
- Note: Financial Reporting Studio desktop client support is tentatively planned to be fully transitioned to Financial Reporting Web Studio by May 2017 where the desktop client will then be no longer distributed. Oracle recommends transitioning to the web studio at the earliest opportunity.
- Note: When using an ad hoc Smart View report to input data, if a base Period member is on the grid it will fail to properly impact the status of the Entity where data has changed. Instead, ensure that only a single Period is listed in the report Point of View (POV)
- Automation available for Activity Report downloads
- New Smart View version available with support for alternative hierarchies (for ex: qualified member name display)
- Financial Reporting cells will now indicate attached Related Content
- Financial Reporting indentation based on generation are recognized in both HTML and PDF views
- HTML view of Financial Reporting books now loads correctly
- Business rules are now able to run with member names that contain a quotation mark
- In EPM Automate, the Data Management specific command "rundatarule" now executes correctly without errors